Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Schedule???

Ok, it looks like God is dealing with some of my weaknesses right off the bat with this homeschooling!! I am on that likes a schedule and likes a "normal" routine. (that's why I have managed to already have almost our entire year planned!!!)

I have never been very good at handling "hiccups" in the schedule. They can just throw me all out of whack! I guess God is really wanting me to get over this flaw because he is really trying me. This week is nothing like I had planned!

First off I had forgotten to schedule in our big dentist appt, which has been on the schedule for a while now (actually I am typing this at the dentist office). This pretty much cancelled out anything I had planned for this afternoon.

Plus my hubby told me yesterday of his surprise plans for hen and I this weekend! He is whisking me away to San Antonio this weekend - NO KIDS!! Not that I'm not excited about that...but that throws our original Friday and next Monday plans out of the window!

But hey I am learning quickly that the joys of homeschooling is the fact that you can be flexible! I am trying real hard to not get flustered and just go with the flow! I'm trying to focus on the fact that I get a fun weekend away and not on our school schedule and how to make up for lost time!

Oh - and this will be the first time for me to leave Alyssa...that will be a bit hard - it has been for each kid!

But anyways...I will try my hardest to have our weekly wrap up posted on Friday but I can't promise anything :-). I have managed to change our plans to condense lesson one into 5 days instead of 6 days! (see - I can do this!)

I hope everyone else is having a smooth week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment