Friday, September 19, 2014

Another Week Completed

Well we have finished another week of school!!  :-)

We had an exciting week this week!  We had our first field trip of the new year.  We went to the Perot museum on Wednesday!

We also finished 'The Silver Chair'!  We have two books left in the Narnia series.  We will start 'The Magician's Nephew' on Monday.  After much research and gathering information from many others who have read the series, the general consensus seems to be that if you don't read 'The Magician's Nephew' first to read it before reading 'The Last Battle'.  So that is what we are going to do!  I even made a Narnia timeline to give the kids a visual of where we are going with this next book to help them see that we are stepping back to the very beginning.  I am excited about this book!  We have all loved this series!

Alyssa made another letter craft. (looks like something was on my lens...)


We talked about walruses and added a walrus to our ocean box.




Here are some pictures from the Perot field trip!  Of course I was too busy play most of the time to get pictures...so once again we don't have too many pictures from our day.

Ever since we started reading the Narnia series all three of my kids have become completely infatuated with lions!  They said I HAD to get their picture with this lion!


We had fun playing with a computer program where you design a picture and it sent it to this wheel of LED lights and when you spin the wheel it makes the picture!   I wrote the kids names for them and they loved it!




And then Aaron went to the computer and wrote mom :-)


And then Alyssa wrote a g for Granny.  :-)


Aaron had fun building a robot car and then figuring out how to control its clamps and movements to play a tic tac toe game.

Today was a complete OFF day for us!!  WHOO HOO!!  We don't school on Fridays - mainly because every other Friday we have our classes with our homeschool group so we decided a long time back to just not school any Friday!  And today we had NO PLANS!!  I even was able to sleep in this morning (I am still battling this head cold/sinus/allergy - whatever this crap is - so the sleep felt SOOOO good for me!)  Anyways after lunch the boys and I had fun tearing up some broken electronics (toys, remotes, phones, etc) to remove the circuit boards.  We are going to use them in the Snap Circuits class I am teaching!  I am showing the kids the correlation between their snap circuit parts and the parts on actual circuit boards!  SO COOL!!  :-)



Well - that's it for this week!  I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Until next time,
Kellie


No comments:

Post a Comment