Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up: Birthday and Sickness :-(

Ok so now I was over two weeks late on posting a weekly wrap up. Things have just been CRAZY!!! And I have been kind of waiting on my hubby to transfer the pictures from Seth's Birthday party from his laptop to the main computer so that I can access them and it just hasn't gotten done yet. :-( So you will have to deal with the few pics I got with my phone for this post. Hopefully I will post better pics later.

So as you can guess we recently had a birthday in the household. To catch you up from the last wrap up, we had a not so normal school week two weeks ago. We had to cancel school on Tuesday because Seth got a bad earache and so we we made a trip to the dr and he was diagnosed with a DOUBLE ear infection. But the meds kicked in and he bounced back pretty quick. By that Thursday though we were just getting in the very basics because I was busy with party planning and Seth was just too excited. In fact he was trying to get his reading worksheet done and he pressed his hands into his forehead and said "Mommy I just can't concentrate. I am too excited about my party." I decided at that point to go ahead and declare Spring Break for Watson Christian Academy!! LOL!!!

I do have one very cute picture to share from that week of school. Granny has gotten in on the whole letter writing and has started leaving notes in the mailbox for Seth (and we write back and leave it in her mailbox)... anyways on Thursday she left cards for all three kids in the mailbox that morning! They were all three so very excited about their cards! Here they are holding them up for a picture for Granny.




That Saturday was his birthday party and it was a huge success despite the fact that it was STORMING all day!! I originally had planned an outside party because a lot of Seth's friends from co-op and church were coming but we realized as the week progressed that the forcast was just not going to allow it.

So hubby came up with a great idea of having the party in the barn!! We cleared out the cars and mopped the floor and brought in tables and chairs and it worked GREAT!! In fact it worked so well that I think all parties from now on will be in there LOL!! In fact we are already planning a princess farm themed party for Alyssa in April!! It is going to be so cute!!

Ok back to Seth and his party! Here are some pictures for you to enjoy (once again I'm sorry you are having to deal with my pics from my phone today...it's just the way it's going to have to be today!)

It was a Star Wars themed party and Seth wanted the Millennium Falcon as the cake. With the help of my awesome cousin Sarah we actually pulled it off!!! (it took 3 cake mixes and 4 lbs worth of powdered sugar to make the icing.) Here are a couple of pictures of the cake.






Here are the tables set up in the barn.


Of course since it was raining we couldn't leave the big doors up...so we had to have a way of people knowing where the party was when the drove up in the driveway so we made a sign for the door.



Here is a view of the cake/presents table and the food table.


Another view of the cake/presents table (and in this pic the only presents were from grandparents and Mommy and Daddy...once everyone else got there the table was full!)


Here is the food table (we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs). Believe it or now that is the table saw -- LOL!! We just lowered the blade and put a tablecloth over it! It worked very well! :-)


Those were all the pics I got because after that point I was busy blowing up balloons and then having fun at the party! :-)

Seth learned how to ride his bike without training wheels on Sunday...but of course we were too busy helping him learn to get any pics UGH!!

My mom and cousin Sarah stayed for a couple of days after the party and that Monday all the girls went and had a girls day while the boys rode bikes and went to Home Depot and stuff! Alyssa very much enjoyed her first girls shopping day (and really racked up too...she is so spoiled!!) We went to Sam Moon's and Grapevine Mills mall.

Here she is showing off her new headband, pearls and purse she got at Sam Moon!




We ate at Rainforest Cafe. (she looks WAY too grown up in this pic)


I had to throw in this adorable pic of Sarah!!! :-)



And Yes Alyssa did shop until she dropped!!


We also put in our first "real" garden this week!! (some of you might remember my attempt at container gardening...I am determined to learn this skill - LOL!)

Daniel got a good deal on a tiller and we got some plant starters. Then Uncle Adam came up with some seeds and we planted them as well!!

Here is Daddy tilling the ground, working hard! (I helped too but no pics of me LOL!!)



Seth watering the four sections.


I also found two container tomato plants that were just too healthy to pass up. They had lots of green foilage and already had blooms and baby tomatoes!! I am so excited!!!



See the baby tomatoes???


Our last co-op day was the day before Seth's party. In his biology class they made a cd cased greenhouse for pinto bean! It was such a cool idea. When we were planting the garden they were already sprouting so we decided to put them in the ground (along with some more pinto beans). This was just two days after that (7 days after we started the cd case greenhouse).


Unfortunately our week of Spring Break was not all fun :-( I came down with a bad head cold at the same time we decided to do the garden. Thankfully mucinex gave me the energy and drive to get that done but I came in and CRASHED afterwards!! For two days I felt horrible!!

Then on Thursday, Seth's actual birthday he woke up throwing up with a 103 degree fever!! Of course this was the last day of his antibiotic from the ear infection so we headed back to the dr. Thankfully he tested negative for strep and flu and ears looked good. Dr figured he got that nasty stomach bug that is going around. He had fever spikes through Saturday :-(. Thankfully yesterday he only had a low grade fever and so far today he has been fever free!!

Alyssa got a light cough in the week but nothing major thank goodness! So far Aaron has stayed well!! Poor Daddy though came down with the head cold yesterday :-(!! I am hoping he gets well soon and that will be all the sickness this house sees for awhile!! It is NO FUN!!

Well if you made it through this novella CONGRATULATIONS!! LOL!!

Until next time,
Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment