Friday, June 14, 2013

Homeschool Stargazing Party and Camp Out and a recent field trip!

Hey guys!!  I know I need to do some catch up on here.  We have officially completed our school year :-).   But I will do that hopefully sometime this next week.

I wanted to go ahead and post about our super FUN stargazing party and camp out that we hosted for our homeschool group at our place last night!!!

We had around 35 people here last night!!  We grilled hot dogs and made smores and then as the sun went down we got out our telescopes and binoculars and did some stargazing!!!  Then there were 16 of us that camped out and enjoyed a huge breakfast of pancakes, bacon and eggs (all done on the propane grill) this morning!!

It was so much fun!!  We have the neatest families in our homeschool group!!  We are truly blessed to be able to be part of such a great group!!

Here are picture highlights from our event!!


 We bought a telescope on our recent Summer vacation!!  This is a pic of it set up at Davis Mountains!  We have already learned so much with this thing!!






 Camera wars!!
 Moms being silly!


 We were being serenaded by a mockingbird this morning


Didn't get to bed until 2:00 this morning and then was back up at 7:00.  It was like being a teenager all over again...yet my body let me know that I am no longer a teenager.  I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon LOL!!

It was a lot of fun though!!

I also wanted to include, since I am here LOL, about our recent field trip to UT Arlington with our homeschool group.  Last week we went to a show a the planetarium there and then they put on a science show for us!!  It was an awesome field trip at a very affordable price!!  We had so much fun!





I got to volunteer for a really cool experiment where they burned propane bubbles on my hands - but my hands did  not burned because they were coated with soapy water.
 

 Remembering college days of sleeping in class - LOL  (not really - but we had fun playing!)





I will try to get caught up next week with some other stuff - but that is all for now.  I am tired! LOL!

Until next time,
Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment