Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of School!

We had our first day of school today and I think that it went very well!! :-)  I was very concerned at how Alyssa was going to do and she really didn't do that bad.

Here are some pictures from our first day!

Aaron working on his I Can Do It Book.  It is a Seek and Find book that you can use dry erase markers on to erase and do over and over again!  He did a very good job finding the pictures and seemed to really enjoy doing it.  :-)

Alyssa playing in her corner with blocks!
 Seth working on his number of the day sheet.

 During Seth's reading time I put Aaron on computer cool school.  He loves this and I think would be quiet and content on here all day LOL! Seriously though he was able to keep quiet and he didn't fuss when it was time to stop doing this - YAY!

During Seth's reading time I had Alyssa watch Wonder Pets on my laptop with her new pink headphones!  Once I got her to realize that she had to be quiet while watching this it really worked and kept her busy so I could focus on Seth! YAY!!
 

Seth doing his reading workbook.  He told me he liked writing in his new desk.  He said it helped him write better letters.  :-) I think I would have to agree!  He did very well in his handwriting today!

Alyssa coloring in her coloring book. 

Aaron working on his new workbook! He loved it!

Seth exploring with his pattern blocks.

The kids enjoyed some play-doh time at the end of our school time!

I didn't get pictured our bible lesson.  We were talking about scrolls today so I made a powerpoint of different pictures of scrolls.

We also read the first two chapters of the Adventures of Peter Cottontail for our read aloud time.

Tomorrow we get to have a fun activity of making clay pots!  That should be a lot of fun!

I think the morning went well as a whole.  :-)

Until next time,
Kellie

1 comment:

  1. What an inspiration you are!!!! Makes me want to homeschool my kids. Thanks for giving us a peek into your world.

    ReplyDelete