Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Reading Program

I am so excited! I went on the Waxahachie's library website to get the details on this year's Summer Reading Program and it was very exciting!! They are doing special programs every Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 to 11:00 for the months of June and July!! Oh how I wish we would be able to make both days each week but since we live way out in the country and it takes 30 minutes to get to the library I don't think my hubby would want us spending that much in gas each week :-(

But we are going to make one of the program each week!! And I am so excited about that!! That will be our day to get our new books for the week as well.

The reading lists will work in the same way as last year...the boys will get a ticket for every 5 books that I read to them. They then can redeem them for goodies in the library store at the end of the summer! Seth still has his tractor that he got last year and will periodically bring it to me and say "Mama remember where I got this?" I always ask back "where?" and he says "at the library for reading my books".

I am super excited about the fact that Aaron will be able to participate this year as well. In fact next week we are going to go ahead and get his library card because the past few times we have been to the library he has wanted to give the librarian the library card (because he sees how much Seth enjoys doing it)

So we are going to start next week...we are going to the Wednesday program - "Ft Worth Zoo Animals" . I am so excited!!

Of course I will have to pay for my very first (and hopefully only) late book fee - I had a book checked out that Daniel was reading and it was due during the time that I had Alyssa...and since she was in the NICU we were really delayed in getting it back...but thankfully we only owe $2.50 for being two weeks late...not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

So here's to a fun Summer of reading!! I will try to get pictures to post throughout the Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment