Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up - WOW! I just can't keep up!!

WOW!! I can't believe I got two weeks behind again!! I've got the kids doing some activities in the school house this morning so that I can get caught up on things, one thing being this blog!! LOL!

The past couple of weeks were good weeks for us. We were able to get some good school in and had a fun camping trip with a homeschool group field trip in the midst of the weeks!

I wrote a good long post on my RV journal last week on our camping and field trip! Instead of rewriting everything here about that I am going to give you the link to that post!! Click here to go read about that fun trip!!! (It will open in a new window so you don't lose your spot on this post. (-:)

Academic Highlights
Seth is continuing to do very well with his Pathways Reading! We are steadily working through the green book - the last book of 1st Grade!! He is reading like a champ!

His handwriting is also making steady improvements!! I have started counting answers wrong if the handwriting is bad, and that has helped him to concentrate more on his handwriting!

We have been focusing on addition and subtraction in Math and he his doing very well!! He has started adding more than two numbers together!

Other Highlights
Well, Alyssa's potty training progress is really not a highlight...she has stalled AGAIN! But after much agony and prayer and advice from many moms...I have come to the conclusion that backing off and waiting until she is ready is the best course of action! This is one thing in her life that she has control over and I think it is best for the long run to not fight her! I am praying though that she "gets it" soon. I still encourage as much as I can! We will get there.

Here are some other picture highlights from the last couple of weeks!

I saw this one morning and had to get a picture! Alyssa said she was tired and needed to rest! And she did lay there QUIETLY for about 10 minutes!! WHOO HOO!! We had 10 minutes of peace in the schoolhouse! LOL!



We have been working hard on our gardens!! Here is Aaron doing his part i n preparing a 4th plot that we put in a couple of weeks ago. Such a hard worker!



Daddy and PaPa recently purchased a new John Deere tractor! The man that sold it to them told them to bring the kids to the lot one day to play on the tractors! Boy did the kids have fun doing that!







Seth and Aaron even got to drive the biggest tractor on the lot!!



They also all got ball caps as well!!





I got Aaron to get a picture of Seth and I one day while we were lounging in the bean bags as he read one of his Pathway stories!! (sorry that it is blurry - that's what you get when you let your 4 year old do your photography LOL)



Speaking of gardens, I have started a photo journal on the progress of our garden! I thought it would be cool at the end of the season to put it into a photo book for us to look back (and probably get a chuckle or two) at our first year of gardening! I am sure we will find lots of lessons learned! LOL! One of the things I am super excited about journaling though is the potato buckets!! I added my 2nd layer of soil this week (got the idea from Pinterest...hopefully it will work right and I will continue to add layers and at the end of the season dump out the bucket to find a bucket full of potatoes!)



Seth got his catapillar from his biology class at co-op this last Friday! He is in his butterfly home and we are looking forward to him making his chrysalis and then emerging as a beautiful butterfly in the next few weeks!! (oh and you can see in the corner of the photo Seth's bird house he made in his wood kits class at co-op as well!)



Here's my bunny cake I made for Easter dinner at Granny and PaPa's!! It was YUMMY!!



Here we are getting ready for church Easter Sunday morning!



Here's an Easter picture of the kids!



I didn't get pictures of our Resurrection Treasure Hunt that I got from Doorposts for your house blog. Click here to see that post. I thought it was such a neat idea to incorporate the Resurrection story into your Easter hunt! This will probably be a yearly tradition for us!

Well this is going to be another busy week for us! We are leaving Thursday for Fairfield State Park to celebrate Alyssa's birthday with family!! FUN FUN times!! And then next Monday we are going to Homeschool Day at the Dallas Zoo!!

Of course I should have lots of pics to post from both of those events!!

Until next time,
Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment