Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Raising Rockstars – Our Seeing Eyes

rockstarbutton

Weekly Theme – God Made Our Seeing Eyes

Well we were finally able to get back to our Raising Rockstar lessons after our couple of weeks off due to the big kitchen remodel!!  The boys were super excited about getting back into their normal routine again!

We are still focusing on how God made us and this week we talked about how God made our eyes so we could see his beautiful creations!  We had some really good discussions about all things we can do because we have eyes and all the wonderful things we can look at.  We focused a lot on God’s creation.

Memory Verse

eyesmemverse

We learned this verse using hand motions.  for “The hearing ear,” we pointed to our ears, “and the seeing eye,” pointed to our eyes, “The Lord hath made” we pointed up “both of them” we put one finger on an ear and the other on an eye.

I was very proud of Seth memorizing this entire verse this week!

Books We Read

We read the bible again, of course!   We read our memory verse (Proverbs 20:12) and talked about how God made our eyes. We read Psalm 25:15 and talked about how to keep our eyes on the Lord.   We read in John 9 about how God healed a blind man.

Oh – I have to put this in!!  There was proof this week that my son listens to his lessons at church :-)  On Monday when I introduced our lesson before we even got in the bible Seth said “God healed a blind man by putting mud on his eyes”.  I was so proud of him!!!

I checked out some books dealing with the seeing and the 5 senses to read during our lessons to learn more about our eyes.

 

Songs We Sang

Our song we sang all week this week was “Oh be careful little eyes what you see”.

We also sang “Head Shoulders Knees and Toes”  (this is one of Aaron’s favorites)

Activities We Did

I checked out one of those I Spy books from the library and the boys enjoyed using their eyes to find all of the little objects in the pictures.  I have to admit it was quite hard at times.  Mommy even had problems finding some of the objects.

We went outside and talked about all the things we could see with our eyes.

Crafts We Made

We didn’t really do any crafts pertaining to our rockstar lessons but we did make an eye snack.  (sorry for the picture…it really didn’t turn out well.)

I cut a piece of bread in an eye shape (or the best I could since I was free-handing the cut).  Then we spread cream cheese on it.  We put a kiwi slice in the middle for the iris and then a blob of raspberry preserves on top of that for the pupil.

IMG_6317

I didn’t realize until I sat down to write this post that I didn’t get any pictures this week of us and our lessons.  But you know what…that’s not important.  The important thing is that we did spend time together this week in bible lessons and learning more about our Lord!

Next Week’s Theme – Our Listening Ears

Click on the button below for more Raising Rockstars Posts!

Note: I am getting most of my lessons and craft and activity ideas from Danielle's Place.  This is a great site that has so many good ideas.  I am using their resources as my core and then adding in additional things as I think of them or come across them from other sites, stores, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment