Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Soft Sculpture Turkeys

Our Fall Decoration craft was super fun today!!

I found this idea from a craft book.  They said to get a pair of gloves and stuff them with poly-fil stuffing then either sew the wrist of the glove together or glue it.  They then said to take craft feathers and stick through the fingers of the glove and then embellish with google eyes, a gobble, etc…

I originally wanted brown gloves but when I saw that Target had these black gloves on the $1 aisle I couldn’t pass them up!!  Of course Target did not have any craft feathers and I wasn’t in the mood to go to Wal-Mart when we were out yesterday so I came up with another idea for feathers.  I cut out feathers from construction paper and then taped toothpicks to the back of them so that we could stick them in the fingers.  It worked like a charm!

I also realized today that I didn’t have any google eyes that were a size that would work with our gloves but I did have brass brad fasteners.  Not only did it give the turkey a nice brass eye…I let the back of the fastener stick back through the glove to make the beak!  It worked perfect!

The boys sure loved sticking their feathers in their turkeys!!!  This will be fun to bring out year after year…we could even change the feathers every year!!

Here are some finished pictures.

IMG_1549

You can kind of see how I did the brads to make the beak in the pictures below  (there is a brad on each side of the turkey)

IMG_1550 IMG_1551

No comments:

Post a Comment