Monday, October 5, 2009

Raising Rockstars

Raising Rock Stars


Hello everybody.  I thought I would let you know of something new we are starting in our household.  Thanks to a wonderful idea by Carissa at 1+1+1=1 blog we are putting more focus into our bible lessons.  Carissa has cleverly come up with a new blog post theme entitled "Raising Rock Stars".  She got this title from Phil 2:15 "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" and Matt 7:24 "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:".  This weekly blog post will be a way to share how we teach our children to "shine like a star with your foundation on the ROCK!"  (click here if you want to read more from Carissa on this brilliant idea)

I was immediately hooked when I read she was starting this!!  I fell in love with the title, the motto, everything!  I have been thinking that I need to put more emphasis on our bible learning but hadn't quite figured out how to do it.  This announcement of this new blog post motivated me!!  We will now have a full session of school each day devoted to our Rock Star lessons!!  Here is what each week will include:

1.  Bible Theme
2.  Memory Verse
3.  Family Activity (that we will include Daddy in on)
4.  Crafts and Activities related to the theme
5.  Songs related to the theme
6.  A video, dvd, movie, book related to the theme
7.  Family Prayer Time

I am super excited about it!  I am aiming on making my post every Tuesday.  It will be a recap of the prior week of activities!  Carissa will have a McLinky set up for anyone one wanting to link their posts.  I believe this will be a great way to be held accountable to do these lessons and to be able to get ideas and inspirations from other moms.

I already have the first 8 weeks of themes planned  (with some help from daniellesplace.com).  I will be adding in my own stuff as well!

Week 1: The Creation Story
Week 2: God Made Me!
Week 3: God Made My Eyes
Week 4: God Made My Ears
Week 5: God Made My Feet
Week 6: God Made My Hands
Week 7: God Made My Mouth
Week 8: God Made My Heart

I am so looking excited to this!!  I hope you look forward to reading our blog posts what I did each week to help in RAISING MY ROCK STARS!!


4 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!!! I am so excited about this and hope to make our plans better and better each week. I am going to have to go back and re-do certain themes as I collect ideas from others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, was impressed w/ the Rock Star idea! and I love and have used the Danielles Place websitefor years! great pick! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. great start! I look forward to Raising Rock Stars too!!

    ReplyDelete