Thursday, October 1, 2009

Building My ABC's

I recently saw a post on another blog of a mom that purchased a "Building My ABC's" book for her child.  The wheels in my head immediately began rolling and I started thinking of how I could make my own book.

NOTE: This was one of the first things that I made using my new toy - my new laminator!!!  (My husband said that I am becoming obsessed with laminating - HA!!!)



I made all my pages in Photoshop.  I put the letter and then put an object that starts with that letter.  (For Example: A is for Apple with a picture of an apple).  I then put on the page how to build the letter.  I used foam sheets to make my letter pieces.

I laminated the pages and then bound them with metal shower clips (I  can't seem to be able to find craft rings anywhere right now!!)




I got a zippered pouch to put the letter pieces in (I found binder pouches at Wal-Mart for $0.97) and attached them to the book through the rings.



 

 

Aaron is still a bit young to grasp how to do this yet...but Seth sure had fun helping show him how to do it.  I think this will really be a handy tool once Aaron is able to grasp it (and it then can be used again for Alyssa)



 

I am also wanting to do a book for lowercase letters and for numbers.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Now if only I had a laminator....

    ReplyDelete