Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Raising Rock Stars Through Living

rockstarbutton

We are taking our Christmas break so we are not doing any formal schooling right now.  But I decided to go ahead and do a post because we are constantly doing learning through living.

To me, raising rock stars consists of a lot more than planning times of bible lessons.  Raising rockstars involves teaching my kids how to live a life that is pleasing to God.  Raising rockstars involves showing them through example by the way I live my life and teaching them how to make the right decisions.

The other night we went out to eat with my in-laws.  At the restaurant was one of those games where you put in $0.50 and move this little pincher around to try to grab a toy.  Of course it will come just close enough to make you believe that you could get it if you had one more shot.  Before you know it you have wasted several dollars on a toy that is probably not even worth the first $0.50 that you put into the machine.  But of course it is very appealing…especially to little ones…and Seth went over to it and asked if I had any money so he could play it.

Pause there for a moment…

We are teaching our kids about giving and how our money belongs to God and that we always need to give back to him what is due and that we need to give money to help the missionaries.  We make sure that the boys have change every Sunday morning to take to Sunday School to give for missions.  Also, Seth is sitting with us in service on Sunday nights and his favorite thing to do is to put change in the offering plate as it passes by.

Now return to the restaurant with Seth standing in front of that silly game…

Seth asked me if he could have some change to play that game.  I simply gave him an option.  I told him if he wanted to play that game he could but if I gave him change to play that game then he would not have any change to put in the offering plate on Sunday night.

His answer was “Mommy I want to wait and give my money to Jesus”.

YES indeed!!!  I am raising a little rock star for Christ!!

Click here to see more posts on raising rock stars!

RRS250x250

No comments:

Post a Comment