Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Raising Rockstars – The Ant

rockstarbutton[2]

We have started a new year – therefore we are starting a new series of lessons for Raising Rockstars.  We are going through the ABC’s I Believe series from Danielle’s Place.   So far I am loving these lessons.

Our first week was on the letter A – Consider the Ants.  The memory/theme verse is Proverbs 6:6 “Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.”.

We talked about how ants are busy workers.  There are many different jobs on an ant hill and every ant knows their job and they do it.  They don’t worry about what other ants are doing.  They see something that needs to be done and they do it.  Through the lesson I tried to hammer in the concept that that you need to “do your work without being told to do it” and we talked about different things that the boys can do around the house and that they should be doing without having to be told to do it.  God wants us to be like the ants – be hard workers.

This worked perfect for this first week of the new year because I introduced new chores and chore charts this week.  So it helped in explaining why our chores are so important and why everyone needs to do their part.

Here are some picture highlights from the week.

The boys colored their memory verse sheet.

 

My pictures didn’t turn out well…but we made ant antler headbands to wear while we are doing our work  (even though the boys don’t like wearing them now…oh well…they were cute for a moment).

I found little whisk broom and dust pan sets at Target on the $1 aisle.  The boys are learning how to sweep up their mess off the floor after meals.

I am really thinking I am going to like this series of lessons.  We are doing 30 minutes every day of our Raising Rockstars bible lessons.  I am excited to say that this is one of the boys favorite times of the day!  :-)

RRS250x250[3]

Click here for more Raising Rock Stars posts.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the story of the ants. I'll have to check out Danielle's place. Hope the new chore charts go well :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I used Danielle's Place and some of those lessons when P was younger, I loved them and may have to renew again ;-)

    ReplyDelete