Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our Start to the Christmas Season

From the time my kids were born I have had a desire to make sure that they know the true meaning of Christmas, that they realize that Christmas is a whole lot more about giving than it is getting.

So, to get us off on the "right track" this Christmas season we did a project yesterday.  I gave the boys a big black bag and told them that since they were going to be getting a bunch of new toys for Christmas it was time to clean out their current toys.  I told them that there are boys and girls that don't have any toys and they needed to go through their toys and figure out what they would be willing to give up and give to children that were not as fortunate as them.

I have to say I am very proud of my boys!  They did an awesome job with this and we ended up with a full black trash bag of toys to give to kids less fortunate!

Way to go boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment