Friday, November 4, 2011

Let's Focus on Thanksgiving - The Mantle

As I mentioned in our weekly review, we are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year (SO VERY EXCITED!) and I am wanting to get the whole house "dolled up" for the occasion!  Not to mention the fact that I think it is good to focus on Thanksgiving more.  I don't want to be like the stores who are going straight from Halloween to Christmas.  I want there to be a focus on Thanksgiving!

The kids are going to help me with a lot of the decorations!  Today I got our mantle done!  Here are the pictures!

 The view of the entire mantle

 I found this picture on Pinterest - loved it so much that I printed it and framed it :-)

 The simple garland I made - cut brown cardstock with scalloped scissors.  Used my leaf punch and punched each corner.  Attached glitter foams stickers and laced cards through pretty ribbon.  

My FAVORITE pumpkin glass bowl and lid.  Didn't get a good picture but those are acorn beads in it and a votive in the center!  I love this thing!  To the right you can see one of the pumpkins we made last year from yarn.

When I was putting up the garland Seth asked what it said and I said "Give Thanks".  He said "we should put one below it that says Love God."  LOVE that kid!!!  He melts my heart at times!

There may be a couple more things that will be added to it that I want the kids to make!  :-)  I will post pictures of those as we get them made.

Oh - and I found this picture today and loved it and thought I would share :-)


Until next time,
Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment