Friday, August 21, 2009

Our first week of school

Well - we did it! We completed our first week of school! Whew!! What a week! We have had a lot of fun this week...and it has been a learning experience, not just for the kids, but for me as well.

I have learned real quick that I am going to have to have a lot of patience! I am going to have to be flexible because Alyssa has already made it known that she will not be put on a rigid schedule...she will decide when she wants things.

I am going to have to have a lot of patience when Aaron decides to have one of his 2 year old meltdowns in the middle of my class time with Seth. Thankfully Seth is being a trooper with all of that.

I am learning pretty quickly that Seth requires a lot of praise. He seems to need constant reassurance that he is doing good...and he HATES when he gets something wrong. In fact he tries to completely shut down...but we are already working on that.

This homeschool thing is not for the faint at heart I can tell you that. I will probably work harder with this than I ever have at any job I held outside the home. There is a lot of prep work that is involved. (of course I know some of this is because they are still very young and we have to keep it fun and exciting for them and that requires more prep than multipication table drills!)

But I know it will all be worth it. And I know I can do it...Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me!

It's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment