Monday, September 13, 2010

Letting Our Light Shine

We are enjoying our moon lessons!  I have several posts I am working on from these lessons :-)  Hopefully I can get them all up in the next few days.

I have really liked our biblical theme this week!  The theme is "I am the light of the world".  We have been talking about how the moon doesn't actually have any light - we see the moon's glow because of the sun's light being reflected on it.  We are learning that we are like the moon and Jesus is like the sun and how, if we know Jesus, we are to 'let our light so shine'... and how other people need to see our light shining brightly!

One of the activities that is mentioned in the curriculum is to plan ways to let our light shine to people we know.  We have some friends who lost their house.  I was already planning on making some food to take to them and so I decided to work that into part of our lesson.  Seth made a card for them to cheer them up.  We took the food to them today.

On the way home Seth asked "Momma do you think they saw my light shining?"

I think he is learning this concept! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment