Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Silly Lunch - Sloppy Joe Bun Buggy

First I would like to introduce you to an AWESOME cookbook I have found for kids.  It is called Cooking For Kids Bible.  (in fact you can click here to see it's listing on Amazon.com if you want).  This cookbook is full of fun recipes, that are most of the time healthy as well!

I have a goal of doing at least one silly fun lunch each week.  I am going to try to do something that goes with each of our themes if I can.

I couldn't come up with something for the sun theme but I did like the Sloppy Joes Bun Buggy in this book and thought the boys would get a kick out of it too!

It's basically sloppy joes in hot dog buns. (the recipe in the book put chopped broccoli in the sloppy joes...made it healthy :-))  You make wheels with cucumber slices, headlights with olives, and a steering wheel with a pretzel twist.  Here is what it turned out looking like:


The boys loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment