Thursday, September 16, 2010

Memory Verses

I thought I would share something that we are adding to our MFWK curriculum.  We are adding a memory verse.  The curriculum has the children learn "words to remember" which are good biblical concepts but I personally feel that scripture memorization is very important.  I have to admit that it is something that I wish I was better at and hoping I will become better with it as I help my kids with scripture memorization.

I have made a memory verse board where I put the memory verse.  As I can I like to use little drawing to help Seth "read" the verse as we learn it.  Then at the bottom of the board I will put the "words to remember" from the curriculum.

Here is a picture of our board for our leaf lesson!



(we put the sun pic for the Son...it helps Seth remember that word plus it fits because we learned a couple of weeks ago that Jesus is like the sun because he is the light of the world! :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment